FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY Graduated Spring 2017
Paul L. Cejas School of Architecture + The Arts
Masters of Architecture
ARCHITECTURAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Florida International University
March 2014 – Present
– Supervised the concrete lab at FIU under professor Nick Gelpi.
– Experimented with new formulas of cement mixed with wood chips made from invasive tree species resulting in a porous, insulating, and lightweight material know as ‘Woodcrete’.
– Fabricated a mold to be mass produced at a local tile company for a residential home.
– Cooperated in the design of recreational outdoor area to be completed at FIU.
YoungArts Foundation January 2017
– Worked with students selected by the foundation to produce a piece of art in a one week time frame.
– Created conceptual renderings for each project.
Atlantic Realty & Building Company
November 2014 – December 2015
– Assisted in the planning and construction of a residential house and steel frame warehouse.
– Applied for permits with the local building departments and participated in meetings involving plan reviews.
– Helped organize construction workers and inspected their work.
– Got hands-on experience building foundations, mixing concrete, and assembling roof structures.
– Sourced and priced materials.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT INTERN
Palm Beach County School District Building Department
April 2010 – July 2010
– Selected as winner for a 6 week paid internship over 400 applicants.
– Worked with developers, contractors, architects, and inspectors on all of the educational projects in Palm Beach County.
– Designed and drafted a solar water heater for a local high school.
– Categorized and imported building documents into the computer system.
– Shadowed the head architectural reviewer.
GRAPHICS & RENDERING:
GENERAL: Microsoft Office Social Media Internet Research