Resourceful Engineer with solid research, design, teamwork, attention to detail and communication skills.
2019/03 – 2020/03 Research Advisor
Afreecar LLC, Troy, Michigan, USA.
• Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and provide input into planning for follow-up studies.
• Drafts questionnaires, polls, surveys, and other data collection resources.
• Use database to research, gather, analyze, present data and summarizing information.
• Delivers reports and presentations of findings to management and/or executive leadership.
2017-06 – 2017-09 Civil Engineering Intern
Northern Rock Engineering, FCT, Abuja, Nigeria.
• Facilitated construction by mapping out utility installations and establishing reference points, grades and elevations.
2016-06 – 2016-09 Civil Engineering Intern
Northern Rock Engineering, FCT Abuja, Nigeria.
• Controlled site engineering activities to maintain work standards, adhere to timelines and meet quality assurance targets.
• Conducted traffic volume counts and compiled traffic accident data to improve road safety and overall efficiency.
2010-05 – 2011-12 Tutor-America reads program
Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
• Collaborated with students to complete homework assignments, identify lagging skills and correct weaknesses.
• Updated required logs and student documentation to keep records accurate and current.
2017-08 – 2019-07 Master of Science: Civil Engineering
University of Akron – Akron, OH
• Graduated with 3.5/4 GPA
2013-05 – 2017-05 Bachelor of Science: Engineering
University of Akron – Akron, OH.
2009-01 – 2012-12 Civil Engineering
Cleveland State University – Cleveland, OH
• Dean’s List
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
Young Peoples’ Initiative (YPI) JAMES OBI-AKATCHAK
Land development planning
Research and Analysis
Highway Capacity Software